Welcome to our latest Weekly Development Report, where we spotlight the valiant efforts of our development team. In this edition, we highlight the ongoing efforts of our development team. This week, we rolled out a minor update for ARK Scan, incorporating various general enhancements and tidying up the codebase. Progress was made on the statistics page, and the Mainsail team focused on optimizing the database and introducing the IP tables script.
Below is a breakdown of total commits and authors by project for development activity over the last week from December 1st through December 8th, 2023.
Overall, the team has demonstrated consistent productivity and engagement over this period, with a total of 64 commits across all projects.
The number of commits and data for each project will fluctuate every week depending on internal sprints, objectives, and difficulty.
ARK Scan Weekly Progress
This week, we released a new version of ARK Scan, incorporating various codebase improvements. We carried out refactors to enhance the overall code quality, removed outdated search components, and introduced pagination for multipayment transaction recipients. Additionally, fiat values now dynamically update with changes in currency, and we addressed an issue with Livewire requests.
For a detailed overview, please refer to the GitHub release page .
Simultaneously, we started on the implementation of the updated statistics page, which is an upcoming release. Achievements for this week include:
- Introduction of a new ‘Insights’ section to house all of the new statistics.
- Implementation of all-time transaction data, showing transactions per transaction types.
- Addition of new daily average statistics covering transactions, volume, and fees.
- Implementation of records sections where we’ll present various on-chain records for different metrics.
Looking ahead, our agenda for the upcoming week involves continuing work on the statistics page update.
Mainsail Weekly Progress
This week, our efforts were dedicated to enhancing the database, making additions to the API, and implementing new IP tables. Here are the specifics:
maxPayloadvalues for the P2P server and client, utilizing the maximum
- Enabled the sharing of API nodes over the P2P, with the list accessible via the
/api-nodesendpoints. Nodes can register known API nodes using the
- Updated the LMDB database version, implementing a new persist method to enhance download performance. Committed blocks are cached during synchronization and written to disk at the end of the processing chunk.
- Modified the IP tables script for Mainsail, allowing users to set IP table limits for P2P, public API, development API, and transaction pool API.
- Various miscellaneous fixes.
Looking ahead to the next week, our focus will be on incorporating a feature for graceful node termination and working on improving synchronization speed performance.
Feedback & Feature Requests
If you are using our open-source products and would like to provide feedback or request a feature, please feel free to contact us via the contact pages for the specific product you are using or open an issue on GitHub.
Quick access links to GitHub issues pages:
Follow on Twitter (X)
Follow us on X (Formerly Twitter) and keep checking the blog to stay up-to-date on all of our new releases. We post a weekly development report so you can easily see what we’ve been up to and follow along our journey towards making your decentralized future a reality.