Welcome to our latest Weekly Development Report, where we spotlight the valiant efforts of our development team. We just started the second month of 2024, and we’ve been busy with several updates. On ARK Scan, we’ve made some refactors, while also beginning to map out adjustments for the WebSockets data retrieval process. Mainsail has addressed a few issues with the CLI and introduced some fresh features. Additionally, a new Core update has been rolled out, updating dependencies, resolving Docker build issues, and other improvements.
Below is a breakdown of total commits and authors by project for development activity over the last week from January 26th through February 2nd, 2024.
Overall, the team has demonstrated consistent productivity and engagement over this period, with a total of 26 commits across all projects.
The number of commits and data for each project will fluctuate every week depending on internal sprints, objectives, and difficulty.
ARK Scan Weekly Progress
During this week, we worked on a few refactor items and spent time outlining changes required for the upcoming WebSocket change. Work done this week:
- Refactored statistics decimal places when cryptocurrency is selected as the user’s currency.
- Updated the styling for “send to self” to be more informative
- Made cache pricing adjustments and removed obsolete development commands.
Next week we’ll continue working on WebSocket change as well as address any bugs that might be reported.
Mainsail Weekly Progress
On Mainsail, we continued polishing and adding new features to facilitate node management, as well as addressing a few issues. Specifically:
- Introducing support for alpha channel on nodes and updating schemas to accommodate tagged node versions.
- Implementation of a mechanism wherein the booting node checks for a new version. If a new version is available, it displays a message along with upgrade instructions.
- Improved detection of libjemalloc.so even in the absence of an installed GCC library, contributing to a reduction in Docker size.
- Activation of the
- Set pnpm as the default package manager. Mainsail updates are performed using pnpm.
Next week, our focus will be on further documenting Mainsail and developing commands to streamline the deployment of Mainsail nodes.
ARK Core v3.9.0 Released
This week, our team also focused on releasing a new version of Core, which encompasses the following updates:
- Increased block download frequency when fastSync option is enabled (only when P2P ports are closed).
- Added ability to discover libjemalloc.so without requiring installed GCC.
- Resolved Docker build issues for Core.
- Updated several dependency libraries to their most recent versions.
For further details on this release, please refer to our Changelog on GitHub .
Feedback & Feature Requests
If you are using our open-source products and would like to provide feedback or request a feature, please feel free to contact us via the contact pages for the specific product you are using or open an issue on GitHub.
Quick access links to GitHub issues pages:
Follow on Twitter (X)
Follow us on X (Formerly Twitter) and keep checking the blog to stay up-to-date on all of our new releases. We post a weekly development report so you can easily see what we’ve been up to and follow along our journey towards making your decentralized future a reality.