Welcome to our latest Weekly Development Report, where we spotlight the valiant efforts of our development team. This week, our team has been dedicated to enhancing our test suite and drafting changes for an upcoming WebSockets feature to the ARK Scan. The Mainsail team has put considerable effort into writing up documentation and making additional improvements to the overall codebase.
Below is a breakdown of total commits and authors by project for development activity over the last week from February 2nd through February 9th, 2024.
Overall, the team has demonstrated consistent productivity and engagement over this period, with a total of 33 commits across all projects.
The number of commits and data for each project will fluctuate every week depending on internal sprints, objectives, and difficulty.
ARK Scan Weekly Progress
This week, our focus was on enhancing our test suite and planning for the implementation of WebSockets into ARK Scan. Specifically:
- We improved the accuracy of Forging Stats displayed at the top of the monitor. These stats now better handle missed blocks while a round is still ongoing. We’ve implemented a corresponding check in our testing suite to validate this scenario.
- We enhanced the handling of multipayments, particularly when the sender and one of the recipients are the same entity. Previously, these transactions were displayed as multipayments without indicating the amount sent to oneself. We’ve addressed this by adjusting the presentation of such transactions and using a distinct icon (an arrow circling back) to signify transactions involving self-sending.
Looking ahead to next week, our focus will shift to the integration of WebSockets while remaining vigilant for any reported bugs or issues.
Mainsail Weekly Progress
During this week, we focused on various tasks related to Mainsail, including documentation writing and codebase cleanup and optimizations. Specifically:
config:publish:customCLI command, enabling users to load custom network information from online sources. Users provide links for
- Updated and cleaned up project root dependencies.
- Continued the preparation of documentation for Mainsail.
- Worked on install scripts to facilitate the installation of Mainsail and all its dependencies.
In the upcoming week, our focus remains on documentation writing and the preparation of essential scripts for seamless deployment of Mainsail nodes. We will also address any bugs that may arise during testing.
Feedback & Feature Requests
If you are using our open-source products and would like to provide feedback or request a feature, please feel free to contact us via the contact pages for the specific product you are using or open an issue on GitHub.
Quick access links to GitHub issues pages:
Follow on Twitter (X)
Follow us on X (Formerly Twitter) and keep checking the blog to stay up-to-date on all of our new releases. We post a weekly development report so you can easily see what we’ve been up to and follow along our journey towards making your decentralized future a reality.