Welcome to our latest Weekly Development Report, where we spotlight the valiant efforts of our development team. In this edition, we highlight the ongoing efforts of our development team. This week, we released a new version of ARK Scan featuring an updated design for the Statistics page. We also continued our efforts to improve the Mainsail API and addressed bugs associated with blockchain state management.
Below is a breakdown of total commits and authors by project for development activity over the last week from October 13th through October 20th, 2023.
Overall, the team has demonstrated consistent productivity and engagement over this period, with a total of 40 commits across all projects.
The number of commits and data for each project will fluctuate on a weekly basis depending on internal sprints, objectives, and difficulty.
ARK Scan Weekly Progress
During this week, we introduced an updated version of ARK Scan. This version includes a revamped statistics page that follows the simplified and user-friendly design that has been applied across the entire application.
For further information about this release, please read our blog post, where all modifications to the statistics page are detailed.
In the upcoming week, our focus will be on aligning the designs of the ‘Delegate Monitor’ with the layout of other pages and addressing issues reported from the previous week. Additionally, we will be incorporating suggested improvements to the statistics page’s graph.
Mainsail Weekly Progress
During this week, our Mainsail team has made progress in API integration and addressed issues found in the recent implementation of blockchain state management. Notably, the following developments have taken place:
- We have created a script for migrating a V3 database snapshot (including blocks, transactions, and wallets) into the Mainsail database. This script proves valuable for testing the new API with authentic data, identifying bottlenecks, and uncovering missing features.
- We’ve expanded the support for API search criteria. It now allows searches on JSONB columns with nested attributes, a crucial enhancement for various wallet-related queries and more.
- Common database indexes have been reintroduced for optimization.
- The API now correctly returns vendor fields as UTF-8 strings.
- A new wallet attribute has been introduced to store validator approval.
- Various minor issues related to recent state import/export processes have been resolved.
In the upcoming week, our focus will be on enhancing API test coverage and making general improvements. Additionally, we will start work on dynamic validator size support.
Feedback & Feature Requests
If you are using our open-source products and would like to provide feedback or request a feature, please feel free to contact us via the contact pages for the specific product you are using or open an issue on GitHub.
Quick access links to GitHub issues pages:
Follow on Twitter (X)
Follow us on X (Formerly Twitter) and keep checking the blog to stay up-to-date on all of our new releases. We post a weekly development report so you can easily see what we’ve been up to and follow along our journey towards making your decentralized future a reality.